PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching???

+37
piketastic
steve.w
edbeartwo
plantsbrook
hurricane
fatcaff
greg
Phil Blakey
jimlad
Roly
marshman
dickjacksmith
Eric Edwards
pike hunter returns
plumb68
Bazz
Steve French
Andy Webster
craigpix2000
esoxjeff
JAYZEE28
Edbeef
noodle
Andy Macfarlane
Nashr
stubbo
kell
tootall
MAD BAD ANGLER
adie1200
nickcarpy
tackle tart
Alex Makk
Lefty
deadbait
paddy pike
gavin1928
41 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 Empty Re: Anybody Catching???

Post  edbeartwo Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

adie1200 wrote:Please be careful naming venues :-) we have a no-naming policy :-)
Noted and amended, Thanks for letting me know.

ATB, Ed

edbeartwo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 pm

No problem :-) welcome to our site :-)
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:58 am

A session yesterday on a local water resulted in me catching this Jack on a DOA lure, which also christened some 'new' kit too

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2054-001
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:02 pm

nice fish, well done Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 Empty fishing with big reps

Post  stubbo Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:08 pm

me and our kid went out last weekend first off we where fishing ledgered deadbaits  but ended up fishing large lures to take fish from about 3lb to approx. 15lb  but never weighed any we had 8 fish to replicants and probably hooked as many but they came off close in .
did hit a good fish probably over 20lb but it came off  ha  ho  still had a cracking day
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Also in the blog http://www.alexmakkfishing.com

Well after a blank spree being spent alone down on the 'cut', I managed to get a fish at the chapters Christmas fish-in which made a nice change.

Ian & I arrived at the venue to meet with Pete and the lads for around 0815hrs and we all began fishing for around 0900hrs. I started off using a savage gear deviator and immediately had interest from a fish which missed at hitting the lure, I quickly swap over to a freestyler and WHACK! the fish is on.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2074+-+Copy
6.5lb Esox

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2072+-+Copy
Inhaled the lure (although easy enough to get out once the rear hook is snipped)

After having no signs of life from working lures from peg to peg we both got to the other side of the fishery for just around lunch, Ian stopped and had a cast or two around a area with trees and reeds lining the edge of the water, within a few minutes he calls me over as he's onto a fish.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2076
Ian's fish

Apart from Ian missing a couple of knocks that was it for the rest of the afternoon, by 2:45pm I had enough & wanted out of the cold wind that was blowing around. Thankfully Ian was also heading to the car wanting the same thing, by just around 3:00pm everyone gathered round in the shop for final results and prize givings, after that me and Ian wished everyone the best for Christmas and the new year.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2078+-+Copy
A few of the chapter lads.

All in all a nice day,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I've been struggling to catch on this stretch of my local small river this season after having some excellent fish in the past,so I was well pleased with this lovely marked fish of around 10lb plus two smaller pike.The river was high and running off at a good pace,the fish were found tight to the dying reeds in the margins,caught on a white and redheaded soft plastic.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 S6302284_zps6df8cfae
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:19 pm

nice marked fish there Steve, looks like its not long had a fill on something as its got a pot belly.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Alex,we have had bigger fish from different streches of this river this season,but thought I'd have a quick photo of this as it looked a nicely marked fish.They seemed to have moved on from here this season either following the bream shoals or we have pressured them too much,have caught them to 18.5lb on lures in the past and never seemed to have a blank.
So we are pleased to see there's still a few about.
Hope you had a good Christmas and get to use your new toys if the weather behaves.
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:25 pm

MrMakk wrote:Well once again I got a days fishing done, and on my 21st birthday too!

Ian picked me up at 8:00am and before we started the fishing we stopped at 'future fishing' in Newark for a quick browse. The moment i walked through the shop door I got whacked by a sudden WOW factor, as I have not seen so much Savage Gear stuff before, lures, rods, terminal, you name it! on top Tony had a decent selection on other lure related brands such as Wirek, Rapala, Blue Fox spinners and a few other brands to boot, Even Ian seems to loose himself among the lures.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF0772_zps4df70fff
just a small selection of the Savage gear products that Tony has to offer,

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF0774_zps6bcf7594
Some rods on the rod rack when you walk into the shop,

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF0773_zps58929cca
Tony, Manning the till,

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 Blog+&+forum
As mentioned, Ian has lost himself among the lures,

I myself brough a couple items, some trace wire and a nice new bright lure, as I have been 'itching' after this pattern for a month or so now. with it now in my possession I can wreak havok upon the angling world, (enter evil laugh here)

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF0777_zps38c818c2
My little Birthday present to myself,

When we got started Ian and I went to have a bash on the R.Trent, I have never been to this stretch that he intoduced me to today, and so far I love it. It's certainly has a beautiful atmosphere especially when the river is the right level and condition, you couldn't ask for a more tranquil place to fish in the morning. unfortunatly the fish didn't seem want to play ball, as Mr Pike is likely to be more interested in spawning with Mrs Pike. Whilst we were fishing and hopping from one peg and another there were a trio of Mallards, 2 males with a single female, and well what they were doing were quiet amusing, the males seemed too busy squabbling between themselve over 'who gets the girl' and all of a sudden one male pushed the other down the concrete step and the squabbling went into a little brawl, then a while later there was a screech from some sort of goose? heading towards another small flock of the same kind, and they all of a sudden start screeching at the top of their voices just like a big slagging match! I couldn't stop giggling Ian was even grinning.

By around lunchtime we decided that we'd try another venue, a stillwater infact, and once again one that I have today been intoduced to. The weather warmed a little and the conditions of this lake was slightly coloured, for the duration I was swapping between the smaller spinnerbait I got in the post on Friday and my new savage gear  13cm swim and jerk 4play in chart blue tiger. I was working the swimbait very well this session, a single rotation of the reel handle and a few twitches of the rod tip gave it a steady swim then a sudden burst of spasm to 'hopfully' attract any pike to investigate. I think I had a follow of somthing during our afternoon on the lake, Ian however had no signs of life, not a follow nor sniff.

Before wrapping up in the last half hour I was approached by a young lad not much older than ten, he had a keen intrest in the style of fishing I was doing (lure fishing) and began asking questions, after 5mis of explaning why I was using this lure is the specific manner he decide to pop over and have a chat to Ian. After a further 5mins with Ian he returned to me and Said in a dissapointed manner that he could not ride his quadbike today, once I asked why he gave the explanation that ''the policeman told my mum that if I do it again, I get a section 57Asomthing and my quad taken off me'' that was it, I had to hold my lips tight or I'd howl out with so much laughter, not because of what he said but the way he came across with it.

The young lad scuttled off after saying goodbye and myself and Ian called it a day with that. No fish were banked in todays session but I certainly say enjoyed today better than friday, I celebrated the 21st doing something I'm passionate and enthusiastic about, whilst having great company thanks to Ian. Once home I had a nice supper and a slab of cake for afters, even opened the cards and I'm now £35 richer all of a sudden. Guess I have to make an order with Tony next week.

also in the blog http://www.alexmakkfishing.com/2013/03/celebrating-21st-with-days-fishing.html
bloody hell them lures are dear i can get them half that price cheshire angling no kidding
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:04 am

There are some bargains there stubbo,but now I have to spend money I don't have on lures I don't need but got to have Very Happy You can't miss a offer can you?
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:49 pm

steve.w wrote: There are some bargains there stubbo,but now I have to spend money I don't have on lures I don't need but got to have Very Happy You can't miss a offer can you?
very true mate my missus says if i buy one more lure she is... going..........just bought some of ebay
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:39 pm

stubbo wrote:
steve.w wrote: There are some bargains there stubbo,but now I have to spend money I don't have on lures I don't need but got to have Very Happy You can't miss a offer can you?
very true  mate   my missus says if i buy one more lure she is...  going..........just bought some of ebay  
 Laughing  Laughing Living dangerously there mate.I'm ok as Sue has her own collection of lures,but she did remind me other night when you pointed us in the direction of bargain lures that we have plenty of unused ones and it's a new landing net handle we need next.Good job one of us is sensible Laughing .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue May 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Had a quick session resulting in a new pb of 23lb 8oz on a savage gear 19cm swim n jerk.Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 23lb_810
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Wed May 14, 2014 7:16 am

What a great looking fish mate,to catch a 20 on a lure is a fantastic result.Congratulations on your PB.
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed May 14, 2014 8:38 am

Lovely pike mate and on a lure as well :-) well done that man  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed May 14, 2014 8:14 pm

That's a beauty mate. Nice one.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed May 21, 2014 5:35 pm

thats a lean twenty,

well done
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Tue May 27, 2014 11:56 am

[size=150]Clicky[/size]

Up until today my fishing has so far, been very very difficult with most if not all my sessions ending in a blank.

Today the fishing started slow, well for me at least as Ian managed a jack not long after we'd started. The conditions were humid with a little warm breeze and a few showers being forecast for around mid afternoon. Throughout most of the morning I'd not had a sniff nor take, I did have a small jack burst out from under some pads to check the frog out I was using, but it didn't seem that tempted to have a strike for it. It wasn't until after lunchtime I started to see some action. we had covered a good chunk of the water so far and now we made it to where the water was slightly shallower with more aquatic vegetation. I swapped from my wooden swimbait to the frog I used earlier, and after the second cast I had a fish whack it. at that moment my heart slowly began to crawl up to my throat, I gave another few casts that resulted in another few takes. and a small jack creeping out in the open from under the pads Without letting the adrenaline rush cloud my mind and concentration, I tried to temping it by working the lure near it but like the one this morning it didn't want to play. Determind to bank a fish I gave it another go, with several more hits to follow. With a better understanding of the frog and the fish, I continued casting in the area and as the frog paused in a small opening amongst the pads, I had a more gentler take from a fish, and as took a breath I struck & I felt a bit of weight on the end of my line. Success! I had managed to hook a jack, small but welcome as its the first to christen the rod 'n' reel and at the same time a first on the frog.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 8166858e-73a5-4892-88ba-36000028424a_zps06cf2283+(1)

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 655f8475-2cfb-4849-8e82-b35c815a0e01_zpse46d19be

After another half hour pottering around this area me and Ian decided to move on, we stopped and fish another area and it wasn't long before I got some more action. result in another slightly bigger fish fall to a frog.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 C0a3c7df-4f08-4b1a-bbd3-ab72ce2bb7f4_zps44903a35

Ian managed a couple of good takes but all sadly missed, by that time the rain started to come down a little heavier and we decided to call it a day. I haven't had a brace of a couple fish for a good while now, it has put my confidence up and also given me something to smile about.

Roll on next session,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi Alex,nice report,is that a Spro BronzeEye Frog?
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Tue May 27, 2014 9:21 pm

yup,

in 'rainforest black'
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm

blog updated with recent session report
www.alexmakkfishing.com

With the forecast for yesterday afternoon looking 'not so dry' I though having a few hours down on the cut before the weather hits wouldn't go amiss. It'll give me that chance to get my new baits wet and also the chance to try the citrix & shinjin out that I got a short time back. Originally the Citrix was going to replace the Abu 5501 I had for my 100g butch light, but another opportunity rose where I was offered a Curado 301e with a bigger line capacity than the average baitcaster reel so I took that up. Anyway enough of my ramblings and back to the fishing....
It started off slow with only a few backlashes with the reel, but it didn't take long for my thumb to know what it was suppose to do (feathering the spool on a cast) whilst I was getting more accurate after each cast. I did struggle with anything around 7g but that'll be gotten to another time. For now I was only using my little alphabets and lipless baits that arrived back from Mark Houghton after being sprayed and coated with epoxy.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2150-001_zps03249222
The Alphabets

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2154-001_zpsb6dba82d
The Lipless

The first sign of fish was to be in a small shoal of tiny perch following the alphabet I had on, the small perch must of been about the size of the bait itself! but it looked promising as what ever I was doing seemed to interest the perch as I had several more follows from tiny fish. I wasn't until I swapped to one of the lipless, I began to have takes and yet even more follows. With a few missed takes I looked to my west and saw the clouds that were heading this way, I though to myself ''these must be the clouds that would be bringing the rain for the afternoon'' so I started to consider in having an extra hour before packing up. at that moment I had a follow from a good perch (I'd say easily a 2lber) that looked confident it taking the lipless, here I am thinking this'll be a big perch that I've had in a while, but a pair of cyclists rode passed and spooked the sod.

still I carried on determined to have a fish and it wasn't long before I got a small perch.
Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2141-001_zps7bf8d19a

A few pegs down saw me with another perch
Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2143-001_zps2aba0560

And on my last peg before I packed up saw me with a little jack.
Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2146-001_zps5e144d7e

All in all a good few hours well spent, managed my first perch on a lipless bait & enjoyed learning and using the shinjin and citrix with lighter lures and I even managed to miss the rain, as the clouds kept to my right. Hopefully should be out again with Ian in next couple of days.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Also in the blog - http://www.alexmakkfishing.com

Today was the first time I've caught using them

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 $_57

They seem cheap enough at a quid each to throw in any (snaggy) swim and (providing you have the right retrieve) have a great action too. I have witnessed Zander being caught on a branded version that cost a fiver each! which was the original reason why I brought these Rolling Eyes But from now on I'll always keep a couple in the box, especially after today when Ian & I were on the cut for a few hours this morning. Ian managed a jack & had a few follows on his wakebait, lost a perch or two? I managed two perch on the copper one & more hits than I can remember!

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2160_zps4f316686

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2163_zps72fcce2b

These baits & more can be found on Mark's eBay Shop HERE
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Had 3 out to 8lb yesterday whilst spinning for perch only managed small perch all day.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Fished the R.Thames back on Saturday with the LAS.

Apart from being attacked constantly by horse flies during the morning, and then discovering at lunch my pasty I had left underneath the car to keep cool had been eaten. I pretty much had a enjoyable day, the weather was an improvement from out last visit, and I believe everyone caught.

When we started and everyone's attention was focused on the water, something in a field behind us caught my attention and it turned out to be a barn owl hunting for breakfast (mouse),  it was one of them moments where I just wish I'd have taken the bridge camera rather than my compact. The fishing for me was slow, I only managed the one fish by around 10:25am which in turn becomes a welcome PB. The fish nailed the copper blade bait that I was working in the margins on my left, it gave a good scrap too.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF2176-001_zps77b48882
New PB chub at 1.5lb

After watching the barn owl I was inspired to have a play with the bridge yesterday, although I never strayed further than my back yard I did get a very nice macro picture of a common garden spider, after a little play with picasa was very pleased with the end result, I just hope that none of you lot are arachnophobic.

Anybody Catching??? - Page 7 DSCF1150-001_zps9198f1ab
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next