PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 31 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  silkmen Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:51 pm

stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:went out this morning early , really up for it..... got to the lake and the boat was ready and waiting for me ,
set up with  3 floats in 22foot of water everything looked spot ...cast out my half mackerel  dead baits and waited, and waited and waited  
never had a twitch or a sniff  , normally there are jacks on offer and a very good chance of a biggy too.. but nowt happened , that's piking for you.. still cant wait till the next outing  Very Happy
had a fair few of those days stubbo just minus the boat.
first session back on the lake up your end pal  infact its the first proper session this season apart from the odd stint spinning earlier on in the year , a nice fish came out on the bank opposite me on the boat Very Happy
yes think it was a 16 mate a couple of pals was fishing it fri and sat
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:25 pm

silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:went out this morning early , really up for it..... got to the lake and the boat was ready and waiting for me ,
set up with  3 floats in 22foot of water everything looked spot ...cast out my half mackerel  dead baits and waited, and waited and waited  
never had a twitch or a sniff  , normally there are jacks on offer and a very good chance of a biggy too.. but nowt happened , that's piking for you.. still cant wait till the next outing  Very Happy
first session back on the lake up your end pal  infact its the first proper session this season apart from the odd stint spinning earlier on in the year , a nice fish came out on the bank opposite me on the boat Very Happy
yes pal it looked that size , he took a terrible tumble running to his rods when the alarms went of....Laughing proper went flying affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 am

Micro jacks make a great deadbait leading up to spawning times,especially cut in half😉 different water stubbo😉

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 pm

They make a great trolling bait all season mate, jacks about 8oz are brilliant but couldn't bring myself to kill one Evil or Very Mad sometimes i find a fisheries board net and the thing is full of them that size so I save a few for the freezer, they were dead anyway. stubbo sometimes its mind blowing how large these shoals can be, 20ft thick and 4oomtrs long honestly, Then theres miles and miles of nothing so its feast or famine. Great fun finding them though but would dread to be stuck bank fishing all the time. boats are brilliant arent they Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:44 am

lowdouble wrote:They make a great trolling bait all season mate,  jacks about 8oz are brilliant but couldn't bring myself to kill one Evil or Very Mad    sometimes i find a fisheries board net and the thing is full of them that size so I save a few for the freezer,  they were dead anyway.  stubbo sometimes its mind blowing how large these shoals can be,  20ft thick and 4oomtrs long honestly,  Then theres miles and miles of nothing so its feast or famine.  Great fun finding them though but would dread to be stuck bank fishing all the time.  boats are brilliant arent they Very Happy
do you find the pike close to the shoals or are your pike located in certain areas ie structure / depth / margins Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:44 am

lowdouble wrote:They make a great trolling bait all season mate,  jacks about 8oz are brilliant but couldn't bring myself to kill one Evil or Very Mad    sometimes i find a fisheries board net and the thing is full of them that size so I save a few for the freezer,  they were dead anyway.  stubbo sometimes its mind blowing how large these shoals can be,  20ft thick and 4oomtrs long honestly,  Then theres miles and miles of nothing so its feast or famine.  Great fun finding them though but would dread to be stuck bank fishing all the time.  boats are brilliant arent they Very Happy
do you find the pike close to the shoals or are your pike located in certain areas ie structure / depth / margins Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Its quite strange stubbo. theres always lots of pike in attendance to the shoals, but usually the smaller ones with high doubles being rare, the bigger fish like to stay around cover and sunken islands more i find. They must venture out after food, and even attack the shoals but i catch the bigger fish nearly always near shelves etc when theres little or nothing on the finder Rolling Eyes . Is it the same on your waters mate?
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm

stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
yes pal it looked that size , he took a terrible tumble running to his rods when the alarms went of....Laughing   proper went flying affraid
if this was saturday at about half 3 it was my mate john that went blep over tit running to his rod rod steve , it was our only run all day, and it was a 16 on bluey hard on the deck

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 am

lowdouble wrote:Its quite strange stubbo.  theres always lots of pike in attendance to the shoals,  but usually the smaller ones with high doubles being rare,  the bigger fish like to stay around cover and sunken islands more i find.  They must venture out after food,  and even attack the shoals but i catch the bigger fish nearly always near shelves etc when theres little or nothing on the finder Rolling Eyes .  Is it the same on your waters mate?
when I am boat fishing yes the bigger fish are around features such as , drop off, structure or underneath moored boats , margins , I find when moving about looking for the baitfish that's when I catch the smaller fish . probably the bigger girls use less energy chasing fish about and lie in wait most of the time just waiting to ambush there prey .... because they are bigger fish . but having said that I have had big pike on barren featureless ground but not often Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am

mal wynne wrote:
stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:
silkmen wrote:
yes pal it looked that size , he took a terrible tumble running to his rods when the alarms went of....Laughing   proper went flying affraid
if this was saturday at about half 3 it was my mate john that went blep over tit running to his rod rod steve , it was our only run all day, and it was a 16 on bluey hard on the deck
yes pal it was the only run of the day he had one more bleep than me , it was so funny mate never seen someone move so fast, it was the roll that cracked me up ... like a commando mate
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:40 pm

a pal of mine craig2 of hear has just landed this 19.8 beauty and his new pb.he deserves this fish the hrs he been putting in for a 20 this season.
Anybody Catching - Page 31 20161214
well in pal
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Well done that man it looks all of 20lb one good feed that's all it would take 😊😊😊
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Great looking fish, some head on her!!!!!! well done Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:08 pm

lowdouble wrote:Great looking fish,  some head on her!!!!!!   well done Very Happy
cloncker aint it pal wish id took week of now and gone with him
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 pm

You know where she lives and she will be bigger in feb, have a week then lol Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:55 pm

cracking fish , well done that man Smile

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:13 pm

great fish, well done Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 pm

One day I'm going to catch one from that venue 👍 Well done mate, great fish 😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Cracker😉 my son was fishing nr dam wall,had two jacks.fishing next to him was nige Williams and des Taylor!(both blanked)😊

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 am

silkmen wrote:a pal of mine craig2 of hear has just landed this 19.8 beauty and his new pb.he deserves this fish the hrs he been putting in for a 20 this season.
Anybody Catching - Page 31 20161214
well in pal
good fish pal

might be back there this weekend myself
like you said you have to put the hours in on there to land on a biggy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:04 am

the bat wrote:Cracker😉 my son was fishing nr dam wall,had two jacks.fishing next to him was nige Williams and des Taylor!(both blanked)😊
there has been a few celebrities fishing this on the quite. Over the years Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:52 am

Yes,I fished next to terry knight on there last season😉

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:35 am

the bat wrote:Yes,I fished next to terry knight on there last season😉
I remember pal were you on the steps think paul had the 29lb fish the day after or before
you will know Paul he comes around and talks to the pikers he seems to know the lake very well. Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 am

He had it day before,I know Paul very well.he normally fishes it on Fridays

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Nice fish that. Out yesterday got very wet we had two jacks and a low double.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next