PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 32 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  nopikehere Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:05 pm

cracking fish all the sweeter after all the effort, very well done

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Beut of a fish well done, only one little jack for me today
Pikeypete
Pikeypete

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 pm

I honestly didn't see this one coming😳 Big blank for me today. One steady run, fish definitely on then off as soon as I lifted the rod up. Not far off perfect conditions today , 3 of us , 2 runs , 1 fish of around 7 pound to Fishfork . Nowt for Rozzo and me . Have to get her next time.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Same 7lb pike as last session, plus a missed run. Roach were damned tough going today (which I didn't expect with the temperature hike) - about 100, but that's less than half the usual.

The most entertaining fish was a 4lb 15oz brown trout that took a roach hooked on the pole. Staggered that it hooked itself on a size 24! A few minutes after the trout was landed, the now dead roach floated up to the surface, and about 10 minutes after that another brownie snatched it off the surface!

The pike/brownie combo is always fun. Very Happy
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I managed a lovely 16lb 4oz yesterday and a nice 15lb 2oz today.  Look what else visited my sunk float pat 6oz hybrid lol.  I will catch her next time☺ she circled the bait for nearly an hour on and off, often touching it with her nose. cute one lol. Looks like a double figure to me so a possible PB. I will be back.
Anybody Catching - Page 32 Vlcsna10
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Stunning Andy! 👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am

lowdouble wrote:I managed a lovely 16lb 4oz yesterday and a nice 15lb 2oz today.  Look what else visited my sunk float pat 6oz hybrid lol.  I will catch her next time☺  she circled the bait for nearly an hour on and off,  often touching it with her nose.  cute one lol.  Looks like a double figure to me so a possible PB.  I will be back.
Anybody Catching - Page 32 Vlcsna10

Stunning fish that, and a hell of a size. Good luck on nabbing it!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:08 am

A wild fish too so extra cute,  Theres very few trout in the venue but I have had them at 7lb 11oz and 8lb 1oz,  This looked bigger.  the pike was a great looking fish too,  I love this water,  its hard but a great average sized fish.
Anybody Catching - Page 32 Img_2013
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 32 Empty Ferox Trout

Post  psion Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Nice trout. Will they take a static bait. I have booked a week at the end of April on a VERY big VERY deep Scottish loch

In pursuit of a Ferox Trout.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:25 pm

The brown trout I get aren't wild, but they have grown very significantly in the water on a diet of roach (from 2-3lbs when stocked to just over 10lb being the largest caught yet). The fish I've had on deadbaits have taken them when they've been wobbled/twitched. Nothing completely static. Otherwise (and at the other end of the bait size scale) they tend to fall pretty regularly to a single maggot on a size 24 hook.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:45 pm

They certainly do Psion. I have had 5 trout over 8lb to 8lb 12 oz and all on static fished roach, i have had them to 7lb 11oz trolling and even had them over 6lb on static mackeral and sardines. They are an apex predator at that size and devour anything lol.

Its strange isnt it Mr Robinson the diverse ways there are to catch them lol. ive had a dozen over 5 this year trolling 6" rapalas intended for pike. I would dearly love a double like youve caught. Well done Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 pm

lowdouble wrote:They certainly do Psion.  I have had 5 trout over 8lb to 8lb 12 oz and all on static fished roach,  i have had them to 7lb 11oz trolling and even had them over 6lb on static mackeral and sardines.  They are an apex predator at that size and devour anything lol.

Its strange isnt it Mr Robinson the diverse ways there are to catch them lol.   ive had a dozen over 5 this year trolling 6" rapalas intended for pike.  I would dearly love a double like youve caught.  Well done Very Happy

Indeed! Fish of all species are largely opportunistic and will under certain circumstances take anything. In summer there was a 17lb pike caught locally on sweetcorn, and I had an 8lb pike take a worm and snap me off a couple of years ago (I know the weight as a couple of weeks later I caught it with my hook in it's mouth).

Big brownies are good fun, but I must say I don't get much of a fight out of them on pike gear. Pound for pound, the pike seem stronger. That said, on light pole gear it's a completely different matter.

Either way, I highly recommend trout fishing on the pole. The powerbaiters and fly fishers look at you like you're mad, but it's pretty successful. That and you end up with enough roach deadbaits to last you a life time!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 32 Empty in need of a fish .....

Post  stubbo Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:42 pm

been out again today 3 rods.... popped up roach , popped up mackerel popped up lamprey/smelt, yet again not a sniff .
even the jacks were not having it . I keep going back to this venue because there are some big girls , but its hard on here at the moment for some reason . all day long I have hammered my lure box too , never stopped going at it, tried every lure and covered the water in front of me .
might have to change venue just to give myself some self confidence ....doh Crying or Very sad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 pm

I have caught Rainbow and Brown trout on dead bait when pike fishing and I once caught a Salmon on a Mackeral

tail. I have read that Ferox will only take a moving bait and that bait has to be a Trout. We try every year for a Ferox

but have yet to catch one but we do get a few Pike for consolation!!

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:37 am

Psion the best bait by far in the West of Ireland is a 1lb roach trolled slow and very deep. upto 60ft down. trout are used too but the roach seems king. Theres no ferox in the midlands where I am but there are wild fish to 15lb+ and I want one lol.

Its a tough life this pike fishing Stubbo. you eventually start doubting your methods and then out of the blue a red letter day comes along lol. stick with it Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:04 pm

did 2 days on the rez fri and sat just a little jack nothing else at all.
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:59 pm

I think the last two years of constant pressure have taken their toll.some big fish have died too.its a day ticket water,so inevitably there's anglers fishing for pike with gear that's that up to the job and some of the anglers just haven't got the know how to handle and unhook them properly.

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Had my first blank Embarassed I hope its not a sign of things to come Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Was out on Saturday managd to get 1 of about 11lb and my cousin unfortunately lost a possible 20 at the net (wasn't me netting btw lol)
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:26 am

Unlucky mate, get her next time, be a nice Xmas present👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

I had a 10lber and lost a mid double at the net😐 sunday

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:13 pm

the bat wrote:I had a 10lber and lost a mid double at the net😐 sunday
well in pete have u fished of that sand bar yet pal
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:16 am

No mate,it wasn't there I was fishing.local club water😉

the bat

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 32 Empty Red letter day of all red letter days

Post  nopikehere Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:36 am

I have sat on this since Tuesday(apart for a text to craig letting him know) as it hadnt quite sunk in how Realy special a day it was.
Ive only ever had one twenty before this trip, i was lucky enough to share with craig last February at 21:10.
I have been on my local for 7 blanks and a jack and 4 low doubles elsewhere this season.still enjoying being out there but struggling as have a few others.
A change of water needed then.
A very good mate had dropped on a water turned up some fish and very kindly offered to put me on it with the usual warning of loosing my nuts if i blabbed. Its an in under dark out after dark remote on silent and cammo up job.
Tuesday booked off slide in to the peg and chuck out, 20 mins in a run on half mack 20:01 my second 20 ever, result. re cast  its of again 12:10. for the next couple of hours  the action is manic run after run some missed,some fish on then off again, some to the net, at one point i had to leave the rods out to get my breath and try and collect my thoughts, late morning my sardine is of i lift in and the rod locks no mid double feel to this just heavy and slow, i get the net up as a dog head appears and shes safely netted. 22:01 new pb i'm laughing now this not fishing i must be dreaming, a brace of twenty's in a morning, bonkers. The action slows of around lunch  to manageable i still can not believe how brilliant it has been, i even think about packing up, no need to be greedy. Then i think don't be an idiot they are on the munch milk it,these days don't happen often(ever), get back in.
3 pm i lift into the fast run on my right rod connect and think good fish this, no way this cant be another twenty, a good  fight heart in the mouth stuff, shes in the net, I lift it and knew it was easily 20 plus, 22:05, second pb of the day and three Twentys in one session.
I finished  with 12 fish landed 4 jacks a 12 a 13 three 14s and 3 twentys. 150 lb ish  total weight.
I also dropped another possible 20 off
I hope its not thought of me bragging posting this because thats honestly not my kind of thing,
I just thought i would share a day that never in my wildest dreams i thought i would be lucky enough to have.
And thats the thing i was was one Fooking lucky lad Tuesday

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Brilliant mate stop bragging haha only joking we all hope for a day like that well done
Pikeypete
Pikeypete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next