PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+55
Knobber
plantsbrook
lorano
petestanley
memacca
matt859
pikehunter20
Frenchy
the bat
mal wynne
feederboy
symonh2000
kevo
hyde mark
silkmen
catchafishy123
Al
Lefty
piketastic
fatcaff
lowdouble
Roly
steve.w
macawboy
muskieman
Tigi113
ianbrooke
vince101
-CrAiG-
tomthepiker
Andy Macfarlane
paul_sheff
Steve French
Dave-Newman
psion
Idlepiker
treble
tc
welsh piker
The Otter
nightwatchman
onetoner
hurricane
blacky99
big_d2008
jimlad
Alex Makk
plumb68
MAD BAD ANGLER
nickcarpy
adie1200
kell
rozzo
wymo
stubbo
59 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 24 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

psion wrote:Anybody Catching - Page 24 Dscf9713
well in pal I see you use the baitboat to get to extreme range or just to present a live bait in the right spot don't think I would have the strength to carry one with the gear I take Shocked 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:19 pm

matt859 wrote:small but scrappy....  your not kidding first jack ive seen with a knife, must be a jackknife lol.
tommy cooper is reborn  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:13 pm

The boat is good for finding features and for getting that extra distance. That venue you dont have walk far but I have a powerwalk if needed. Going to try that fishery we talked about tomorrow.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Had an eventful afternoon on the drain today,a small fish of around 6lb took my popped up herring in the first half an hour then nothing until 3.30 when the water erupted on my far bank margin rod,after 3 hours of just taking in the nature I leapt from my chair with a "what the ****",as my rod bent and the Delkim did a one toner,not the usual gentle pike takes I'd had in the last week.I briefly was in contact with a lump tearing down the drain,the hooks pulled and I was left with two large scales on one of the trebles.A carp must have spooked after running into the line,and I had foul hooked it.
I really didn't expect to get much today,flat calm and the sun shining all day.So started to pack up slowly,chair and bag up the bank,nearside rod put away,both rod rests pulled up leaving the far margin rod laid on the reeds.
Turned my back on the drain and heard the click click of the freespool.
The result was this nice fish on popped up roach,20lb.12oz,my second 20 in a week.

Anybody Catching - Page 24 S6302303_zps311e1f0a
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:37 pm

well in
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  jimlad Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 am

Excellent fish, and second 20 in a week! a Great start to 2014
jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 am

see the bait boat is sitting nicely on the un hooking mat whilst the pike is laid out on the weigh sling......
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:06 am

psion wrote:The boat is good for finding features and for getting that extra distance. That venue you dont have walk far but I have a powerwalk if needed. Going to try that fishery we talked about tomorrow.
went there on Saturday had 3 fish no big girls but a guy had a 20lb two pegs down and some high doubles will pm you on where to go
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:09 am

steve.w wrote:Had an eventful afternoon on the drain today,a small fish of around 6lb took my popped up herring in the first half an hour then nothing until 3.30 when the water erupted on my far bank margin rod,after 3 hours of just taking in the nature I leapt from my chair with a "what the ****",as my rod bent and the Delkim did a one toner,not the usual gentle pike takes I'd had in the last week.I briefly was in contact with a lump tearing down the drain,the hooks pulled and I was left with two large scales on one of the trebles.A carp must have spooked after running into the line,and I had foul hooked it.
I really didn't expect to get much today,flat calm and the sun shining all day.So started to pack up slowly,chair and bag up the bank,nearside rod put away,both rod rests pulled up leaving the far margin rod laid on the reeds.
Turned my back on the drain and heard the click click of the freespool.
The result was this nice fish on popped up roach,20lb.12oz,my second 20 in a week.

Anybody Catching - Page 24 S6302303_zps311e1f0a
them twentys are queing up for you pal theres no stopping you I can see a bigger fish coming out next time well in
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:10 am

no wonder your smiling pal well in
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 pm

The bait boat is sitting on its own mat the fish is on weigh sling because i had just weigh it, then the bag was use to carry it back to the water.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:33 pm

very well done guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  kevo Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Well done lads, nice fish......two 20's in a week, great going Steve.......

kevo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks lads,no bigger ones this afternoon.Tried a different stretch of the drain,it was slightly deeper and more colour to it,one rod had the pop up roach as that has done well for me,the other a nice bloody lamprey.The lamprey rod produced a 9lb.1/2lber.A lot livelier than the others I've had,jumping clear of the water twice before netting it.

steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 am

steve.w wrote:Thanks lads,no bigger ones this afternoon.Tried a different stretch of the drain,it was slightly deeper and more colour to it,one rod had the pop up roach as that has done well for me,the other a nice bloody lamprey.The lamprey rod produced a 9lb.1/2lber.A lot livelier than the others I've had,jumping clear of the water twice before netting it.

just think being off work has its advantages muck ..........I was laid off work about 2 years ago for 3 months over the winter boy did I get some serious fishing done caught plenty of pike you get in the zone so to speak........instead of trying to pack it in over one weekend
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 am

You are right stubbo to think of the advantages rather than worry about the financial side.I know work will come,so may as well do a bit of legwork and find some hungry pike.I'm very lucky to have a partner thats into pike as well,so she encourages me to go rather than moans about it.She is a bit jealous though and wants me to take her at the weekend Smile .
One question to you all,when you find an area thats producing well,do you fish it to death,or rest it and look for other areas?.I don't like going back to the same spot time and time again,it's difficult some times to drive past the hot spot to try other areas but to me thats the right thing to do.Maybe I'm not ruthless enough Smile .Whats your thoughts?
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:28 pm

steve.w wrote:You are right stubbo to think of the advantages rather than worry about the financial side.I know work will come,so may as well do a bit of legwork and find some hungry pike.I'm very lucky to have a partner thats into pike as well,so she encourages me to go rather than moans about it.She is a bit jealous though and wants me to take her at the weekend Smile .
One question to you all,when you find an area thats producing well,do you fish it to death,or rest it and look for other areas?.I don't like going back to the same spot time and time again,it's difficult some times to drive past the hot spot to try other areas but to me thats the right thing to do.Maybe I'm not ruthless enough Smile .Whats your thoughts?
be ruthless m8,, take them while they're there or someone else will happen across them and do it anyhow. make hay while the sun shines m8 Cool 
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 pm

rozzo wrote:
steve.w wrote:You are right stubbo to think of the advantages rather than worry about the financial side.I know work will come,so may as well do a bit of legwork and find some hungry pike.I'm very lucky to have a partner thats into pike as well,so she encourages me to go rather than moans about it.She is a bit jealous though and wants me to take her at the weekend Smile .
be ruthless m8,, take them while they're there or someone else will happen across them and do it anyhow. make hay while the sun shines m8 Cool   
if like me i get a bit bored of fishing the same place and catching the same fish you can always come back to it later ......who dares wins muck Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 am

Just to show how indecisive I am I think you are right rozzo maybe I should "fill me boots",but I agree with stubbo,If I was to catch the same fish twice it would be dissapointing.To catch one of the smaller fish wouldn't worry me that much,it still would be enough to make me move on though,but if I landed one of the same 20's I wouldn't want to count it as a 3rd 20lber.
So I'm off this afternoon with plans to fish a mile away from the spot,it looks like no one fishes there as no flattened reeds or signs of anglers.Bet when I'm sat there blanking I'll be wishing I was somewhere else Laughing .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am

steve.w wrote:Just to show how indecisive I am I think you are right rozzo maybe I should "fill me boots",but I agree with stubbo,If I was to catch the same fish twice it would be dissapointing.To catch one of the smaller fish wouldn't worry me that much,it still would be enough to make me move on though,but if I landed one of the same 20's I wouldn't want to count it as a 3rd 20lber.
So I'm off this afternoon with plans to fish a mile away from the spot,it looks like no one fishes there as no flattened reeds or signs of anglers.Bet when I'm sat there blanking I'll be wishing I was somewhere else Laughing .
there is warters I can go and catch mug fish on a regular basis but whats the point when you could go to a new venue and catch a fish of a life time its a bit off a lottery really I just like to fish new venues when I get the chance and normally catch first session not being blarzey about that just think I can be quiet lucky on a new virgin water some times I will just have a walk around and find out info before I fish it it can pay off ....... Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Fished 12.30 till 5pm in a different area,had one about 3lb early on then sat there wishing I was somewhere else Laughing ,at 4.30 far bank rod went,just a small one around 6lb+,as I placed it on the mat nearside rod went,so wrapped first one in the mat and landed the other slightly smaller one.So had to unhook both together and let them swim off side by side.

Anybody Catching - Page 24 S6302311_zpsec0e7036
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Chware Teg. ( Fair play ). Steve, you on a roll Fella...you've had some cracking fish .. Welldone mate. Very Happy 
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 24 Empty back to work

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:44 am

bet them pike on that drain wish you were back at work pal .......they have no chance when your on the prowl lol affraid affraid affraid 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

stubbo wrote:bet them pike on that drain wish you were back at work pal   .......they have no chance when your on the prowl   lol affraid affraid affraid 

Laughing I've had small job come in for next week,only a couple of days,so I'll give em a break Laughing .I'm taking "er in doors"for a session on Sunday,so knowing her luck she will get the drain record Rolling Eyes Laughing .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  kevo Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:28 pm

I'm with you on the roving idea Steve/stubbo as you can't beat it in my book and there's nothing better than seeking out that special fish. That swim is producing some good fish Steve so why not make it your starting point for the session and then you can always go on the mooch later on in the session mate. If and when you start catching the same fish then at least this will make your mind up to move on to pastures new. Bet the missus wants to head for that swim at the weekend Steve..... Laughing

kevo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next