PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 28 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  piketastic Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Good luck bat 👍 I'm tempted to do tomorrow afternoon somewhere into dark for a bit !!!!
Pete , great fish pal , first double this season of many more to come 😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm

well done lads , some lovely fish being caught , but not by me Crying or Very sad , I,m on a bad run of 4 blanks , 2 deadbait sessions, a blank after cod, and a blank on the lures along a canal this afternoon , ah well theres always next saturday , I hate the winter when I can only fish once a week

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:10 pm

piketastic wrote:Good luck bat 👍 I'm tempted to do tomorrow afternoon somewhere into dark for a bit !!!!
Pete , great fish pal , first double this season of many more to come 😀
bunch of ships into dark mate?? go on you know it makes sense Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Haha. Will tx u. 👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 pm

well went out for 2 nights and managed 2 15's in an hour and half, then blanked for the next 36 hrs. 1 down side though, while unhooking the second fish in the dark i put my hand under the gill cover, as you do to open its mouth and felt a hook on my little finger, before i could do anything, fish jumped and i felt the hook bury into my finger with the other hook in the fish affraid affraid the fish went mad for about 10 seconds then the hook ripped out my finger. didnt dare look so unhooked it weighed it and put it back. back in the bivvy i could survey the damage and it wasnt pretty:( Sad big hole where my little finger pad used to be an pouring out blood (in the day light next day you would have thought a murder had taken place on my unhooking mat), so wrapped a towel round it while i had a think. i always carry a first aid kit, so took it out and weighed up my options. first step ANTI SEPTIC wash and cream, then made 2 butterfly stitches out of micro pour tape, then 2 big plasters to cover it all up jobs a good un Very Happy only other choice would have been to pack up, and as we all know no need for that Very Happy Very Happy be careful guys.
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:00 am

ha ha well in mate,, mmmm just a flesh wound Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:17 am

Ouch sounds painful Gaz affraid well in for carrying on mate that's dedication for you Wink
Next time though use your forceps like anyone else would lol! lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:13 am

Well done on the fish Gaz. Nice to see you getting amongst them pal.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 am

iam a blanker 2 lads
not a sniff yesturday at that new place.its a very small water nice set up not sure it was my kind of place tho.may try get a few hrs in my self on the rez today
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 am

I fish a local game fishery for the roach in there (which over winter are nearly all incredibly tiny at about 40 fish to the pound, but useful groundbait for pike. Over summer you get some lovely roach to over a pound, and tench too). There have recently been a handful of pike to 9lb introduced to control the roach and almost without fail they attack my keep net every session. As in grab the net and barrel roll - it's quite exciting. I nearly always manage to land one of them each session with a float fished roach next to the net, but that is the only piking I'm getting at the moment. It is remarkable the attractive powers of 100 small roach in a small keep net!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:48 pm

silkmen wrote:
the bat wrote:My regular venue is very slow so I'm going to to try somewhere else,virtually untapped with rumours of very big(unofficial😏)pike
can u only fish it on week days pete unless u work there
wonder if its the same venue I have been trying to get on , when you said work there , its got to be the same heard a very big fish came out last season .
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:07 pm

had a cracking afternoon on the rez 5 fish lost a couple aswell all on roach again flat on the bottom with a bit of mackeral oil injected.had 1 reeling in when packing up fiest time thats hsppened on there.
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161117
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161115
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161114
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161116

Last edited by silkmen on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:13 pm

well in pal....... good session Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:27 pm

lowdouble wrote:that is a stunner Psion mate,  absolute beauty.    We had a good day today too,  Mick who had never seen a Pike let alone caught one opened his account after about 10 minutes with a 3lb beauty lol.   by the end of the day he had landed 9,  lost 2, and PB after PB later sneaked this belter over the rim of the net Very Happy Very Happy    He thinks this pike fishing is easy now lol.  Different water tomorrow so maybe bigger and better,  maybe not affraid
Anybody Catching - Page 28 Dsc00710
looks a good venue pal .....your into them pal.... wellin Very Happy just cant seem to get out , something happening for the last 4 weekends...... family shite

no matter what I will be fishing somewhere this weekend........ affraid affraid affraid affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Nice one Jacob . Getting a bit bigger on there pal
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:18 pm

yes mate they looking alot better now.that little un was stuffed with fish in belly you could feel them.
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice bit of sport Silkmen, great to see them in such good condition too Very Happy Its a venue i only fish a couple of times a year as its usually jack after jack. It threw up a descent fish which just goes to prove we never know it all lol. The winter is here full on stubbo. Time to get busy and catch a few lumps mate Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Out this afternoon roach bashing on the pole, but got a nice 7lb 12oz pike just a couple of feet from my keep net. Fell to a 4" roach on a single, barbless hook. Find myself increasingly choosing to avoid trebles. Unhooking is such a doddle, and they are nearly always hooked in the scissors. A 7lber is a small fish, but hooked 5ft from the bank on a tiny 6ft kayak rod, it's quite exciting.

J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Nice one jake Very Happy that's a good days fishing bud Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:22 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:well went out for 2 nights and managed 2 15's in an hour and half, then blanked for the next 36 hrs. 1 down side though, while unhooking the second fish in the dark i put my hand under the gill cover, as you do to open its mouth and felt a hook on my little finger, before i could do anything, fish jumped and i felt the hook bury into my finger with the other hook in the fish affraid affraid the fish went mad for about 10 seconds then the hook ripped out my finger. didnt dare look so unhooked it weighed it and put it back. back in the bivvy i could survey the damage and it wasnt pretty:( Sad big hole where my little finger pad used to be an pouring out blood (in the day light next day you would have thought a murder had taken place on my unhooking mat), so wrapped a towel round it while i had a think. i always carry a first aid kit, so took it out and weighed up my options.  first step ANTI SEPTIC wash and cream, then made 2 butterfly stitches out of micro pour tape, then 2 big plasters to cover it all up jobs a good un Very Happy only other choice would have been to pack up, and as we all know no need for that Very Happy Very Happy  be careful guys.
no stranger to that pal
had my share of pike tug of war on trebles ...oooch
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm

the bat wrote:Well done lads,some lovely fish there.been for a recce on a new water today and gonna fish it tomorrow,wish me 🍀 luck😊
good luck pal
I have pm you Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:31 pm

J Robinson wrote:Out this afternoon roach bashing on the pole, but got a nice 7lb 12oz pike just a couple of feet from my keep net. Fell to a 4" roach on a single, barbless hook. Find myself increasingly choosing to avoid trebles. Unhooking is such a doddle, and they are nearly always hooked in the scissors. A 7lber is a small fish, but hooked 5ft from the bank on a tiny 6ft kayak rod, it's quite exciting.

Sounds like its stuffed with roach mate Very Happy good fun though on a light pole and handy for free bait as well Very Happy
I know it can't be helped hooking them in the scissors but I wish there was a way to avoid it i'm not a lovely of hooking in the scissors as it can dislocate the jaw but it can't be helped Shocked and if someone comes up with a way to avoid it please let me know Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:17 pm

I had a 13-01 and a 7,my mate had an 11-08,never seen a hook😉

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:22 pm

silkmen wrote:had a cracking afternoon on the rez 5 fish lost a couple aswell all on roach again flat on the bottom with a bit of mackeral oil injected.had 1 reeling in when packing up fiest time thats hsppened on there.
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161117
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161115
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161114
Anybody Catching - Page 28 20161116
nice one jake😉

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 am

adie1200 wrote:
J Robinson wrote:Out this afternoon roach bashing on the pole, but got a nice 7lb 12oz pike just a couple of feet from my keep net. Fell to a 4" roach on a single, barbless hook. Find myself increasingly choosing to avoid trebles. Unhooking is such a doddle, and they are nearly always hooked in the scissors. A 7lber is a small fish, but hooked 5ft from the bank on a tiny 6ft kayak rod, it's quite exciting.

Sounds like its stuffed with roach mate Very Happy good fun though on a light pole and handy for free bait as well  Very Happy
I know it can't be helped hooking them in the scissors but I wish there was a way to avoid it i'm not a lovely of hooking in the scissors as it can dislocate the jaw but it can't be helped  Shocked  and if someone comes up with a way to avoid it please let me know Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
like I said earlier been there and done the single hook thing , better for the fish to stick with trebles , theres more chance it would hook up in another part of the mouth , for me the pikes welfare comes first..... Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next